1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best Digital Camera and/or Camcorder for Plow Action??

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by ChicagoSnow, Oct 22, 2008.

1. ChicagoSnow

ChicagoSnow Senior Member

Can anyone tell me what brand, model, etc. of digital camera they have used with great result when taking pictures in freezing temps? It seems that the digital cameras I have used in the past take about 2 pictures and than go dead (frozen batteries). Is this just a battery issue or can a camera be insulated enough to not have this problem?

Also I am in the market for a camcorder. This will also be used to take footage of various process' of our snow operations. I figure it would make sense to start cataloging various things to keep for advertising, insurance, training, etc.. Imagine if we could hire someone to follow us around and take all of these pictures/movies. I don't know about you, but I would pay a decent price to get it done. What do you think? Is there a camera and camcorder combo unit? With all things considered, I want this to work well in the freezing temperatures first and size/price second.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

3. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

I use a Canon PowerShot A560! It was one of the best video taken cameras out there at the time! Im sure they have updated the model to somthing better. Also buy it online its cheaper that way!