1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best compact tractor set up

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Marek, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Marek

Marek Senior Member

Picking up a new 3240 Kubota and am still tring to figure out how I want to set it up for snow season. We dont really get enough snow for a blower so that leaves a pusher or a power angle blade for the front. I m kinda leaning toward the angle blade for the front. Any ideas ?
  2. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Angle blade is the way to go..Can always change if conditions warrant.....
  3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Does it have a loader or are you planning on making a mount up or buying one.
  4. Marek

Marek Senior Member

Yes tractor has a loader but would make a mount to run a straight blade, but thinking about a 8' pusher, just not sure how well it would push since its so light. Also worried about bending the loader arms. Would like it to be as idiot proof as possible.
  5. salopez

salopez Senior Member

with our kubota, we actually bought the plow sub frame and made a meyers plow fit it.

might want to look into a sweeper too...
  6. Marek

Marek Senior Member

I think thats the route I'm going to go. Who did you buy the mount from ?And was it a straight bolt on ? I was up at the fairgrounds looking at todays sale but didnt see any worth while straight blades.
  7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

8. salopez

salopez Senior Member

there was nothing at the auction....except that ram charger with with the benz diesel!

i was very disapointed.
  9. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

Why not just buy the kubota front blade set up? I had it on my B7500, the blade is heavy duty with 2 trip springs, it installs easy and runs off your existing loader valve. Does your 3240 have the 514 or 724 loader?
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  10. RAZOR

RAZOR Senior Member

I have a L5030 with a 6ft pusher, it holds a fair amount of snow but it does not scrape all that well. I also have a old 8ft Western on my L5740. My dealer modified an old mount off of an older L series. They told me they spent a lot of time making it fit but they got it to work. I don't use the plow much it is mostly for back-up if the pusher or blower goes down.

11. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I've seen those tractors before. You should be able to make some good money with that set up.
  12. Marek

Marek Senior Member

I think the Kubota plow is almost 4k for 7' . Does anyone know if it is easily removable to switch to the loader.
  13. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Hi Razor, just curious what type of blowers you run on the back of the Kubotas?
  14. Marek

Marek Senior Member

I found a 8' Curtis with skid steer mount and bought it, will either add wings to it or find a 8' pusher to throw on it . This way I can have the best of both worlds.
  15. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

ya need a tractor mount?

just bought a tractor mount curtis but i need a skidder mount wanna trade mounts?