1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best commercial ride on snow blower??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Bowhunter13, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Bowhunter13

Bowhunter13 Junior Member
    from NW ct

I have a ventrac 4000 series. The snow blower attachment for this machine is 52" wide. This is too wide for most of my sidewalk applications. I need to cut down on man hours. What is the best ride on snowblower that can fit on sidewalks, but is heavy duty!! Suggestions thanks

2. frankieplower

frankieplower Junior Member

Walker mower w brush attachment

We have 2 Walkers that have brushes on the front, We had the Walkers from grass mowing anyway, cost 5K each to put brooms on , but they are the bomb for sidewalks, then if the snow gets too heavy for brooms >4" we put on the single stage blowers 2K a piece and we're blowin baby.........Cash that is! Highly recommend Walker products! 10yrs strong!

3. Bowhunter13

from NW ct

i will research them thanks

4. Bowhunter13

from NW ct

what model walker do you have?

5. wislxer

wislxer Member

Don't know about your area but in the MN/WI area there is a slew of decent looking used Trackless MTs for sale on craigslist all $12k or less. Maybe worth look. Use www.searchtempest.com It searches multiple craigslists in your area all at once. I'm an addict.

6. frankieplower

frankieplower Junior Member

Walker Mower

I have 2 Walker MTEFI. We love the Kohler 26hp motors. Pretty bulletproof, always parts and self diagnostics. You CANNOT bog these things down. 15 min from mower to Snowblower, maybe another 15 to brush. I like to get them used with about 100hrs for around 8-9K. I can't see paying full retail new at 12K. I look on Ebay and the equipment traders and scout for them. Lower hp models are good, just the 26 is right there with the perfect power ratio and efficiency

7. SDLandscapes VT

SDLandscapes VT Senior Member
    from Vermont

FFC/Paladin makes a blower specifically for sidewalks--it can go on a skidsteer, mini-skidsteer, mini-loader etc. They want pretty good money for it, but they introduced it as an option for municipalities who didnt want to invest in a trackless/holder

8. fms

fms Senior Member
    from Maine

We have a cabbed, sub-compact John Deere with a 47" snow blower that has worked extremely well on sidewalks. It's narrow enough to get through tight sections and has enough power to get through sidewalks that have been plowed onto by city trucks.

9. RJ lindblom

RJ lindblom Senior Member

I have a John Deere F930 with a 47" two stage blower that is a working machine. I am shopping around for a broom for it. In the summer I have a 76" swept spindle mower for the rest of the year.

10. Neige

Neige Sponsor

11. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

We have a 1445 john deere with 47 inch blower and a john deere 2350 tractor with 47 inch blower. They both are awesome machines. The 1445 is a little more nimble than the tractor, but we are very happy with both.[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  12. johnnyusa

johnnyusa Member
    from ct

Have a walker 2 stage snow blower.. Without 4x4 in deep snow your in trouble it will be worthless .

13. hatefulmechanic

hatefulmechanic Senior Member

The key question is how wide are your walks?

14. 2ExploreSnow

2ExploreSnow Member

How is that working out for you when in deep snow or cutting through deep snow banks? I ask because the blower is narrower than the machine.

They have a 5 ft machine as well and I have used it. Overall it's good, stronger components then the residential grade (yellow color) but with ONLY a 16" fan it doesn't have the capacity that it should have and could throw it about 5 - 10 feet further. Spout could use an improvement, better curve to throw it besides the blower when room is tight.

15. RJ lindblom

RJ lindblom Senior Member

16. Schuley

Schuley Senior Member

Why dont you get the ventrac 3000 series? The blower is something like 42" or 44". We have one and it is great.
    What you are talking about is the exact reason we got the 3000 vs the 4000.

17. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Strange. All of our sidewalks around here are 60", so I have the opposite problem usually. We use the Simplicity in my sig. It's a nice machine so far. Does have a few problems here and there. Better off if you don't have to use the blower, that's where most of the problems come in. The broom is the way to go if you can.

18. Bowhunter13

from NW ct

I bought the 4000 series for other reasons. I have the aeravator, turbine blower, 58" brush, and bucket attachments. The 4000 series made more sense for landscape purposes. The 3000 series has a 42" blower. If that's my best option maybe I will by it. However at the tune of near 30k that's an expensive snowblower. No need other than snowblower in the 3000 series.

19. tread lightly services

tread lightly services Member

toro dingo with a 48" blower or a
    bobcat s70 with a 36-48 blower,.....oh did i mention cab and heat??

all pricey but bulletproof!

20. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

I run 51 inch blowers on front of two utiltiy tractors. Works for us. Most walks are 48 some bigger.