1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best Chains For Snow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by KSB, Apr 18, 2007.

1. KSB

KSB Member

Looking for the best and easiest to install chains to run on a 2500 hd pickup for severe snow and ice conditions. I heard about some that have a nifty and easy tension system. Any suggestions out there. Thank you.
  2. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Full roller chains. They are very durable, don't need to be super tight, easy to replace cross chains, cross chains replace without tools.

Check here for a online catalog. www.kenjones.com
  3. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

I hope you don;t mean those cable chains with steel rollers over the cable.... junk with a Capitol J!

You want real steel chains- chains chains. Ideally, V-bar chains as they grip much better on ice. There is a company that makes quick install chains that have a blue ring of cbale for the circumfrencial ring but really, normal chains are not too tuff to install once you have some experiance. Just like hooking up your blade- first time is a PITA, but once you get the hang of it....
  4. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

No I meant the Full Roller Chains............never said anything about cable types.