1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best Buy

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Longae29, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Have my numbers all crunched for the best buy bid, but only have one company to submit it to, anyone want to pm me if they know which nationals are all bidding on it?

2. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

I would assume USM has something to do with it as I have heard that they have most around here. AGMG sent me a RFP for them but none were close enough to me.

3. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

I know USM had the contract for several around here in past seasons, they aren't the company I am bidding for.

4. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

AGMG sent me a RFQ also...try them

5. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

I believe that's who he is talking about he is bidding it to.

6. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

Dont say USM too many times. THe thread will get locked or disappear.

7. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

So you jumped right in your Truck and raced out there to measure it, Because they needed the bid the next day....:eek::laughing:

AMEN Sir......:nod:

8. justinizzi

justinizzi Senior Member

AGMG sent me a package also but there where no best buys in my area that we plow.

9. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

I was offered a best buy next to a large lot we did last year. USM had it. Lets just say i :laughing::laughing::laughing: about the price they offered me it at. The number i had figured on it was almost double what they offered.

10. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

Take the bid and X2 and it will be close to fair

11. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

Given that many Best Buys and similar retail chains are in commercial centers, unless you are the guy with the contract for a few other places in the same center or the guy with all of the CAM areas, you probably cant even come close on price, unless you're willing to lose money to get in the door.

12. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

I have a 8 acre plaza and the best buy is attached to it. I have a loader on site and I still couldn't touch it !

13. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

I bid a best buy this year but I don't think we will get it.