1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best Buy - Did US Maintenance lose it? Who got it?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowbrothers101, Nov 9, 2010.

1. snowbrothers101

snowbrothers101 Senior Member

Anyone know the dirt?
  2. chitownsnowedin

chitownsnowedin Member
    from Chicago

USM most certainly lost it. Every last location they had.

Do not know who got it though.
  3. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

Do you know the circumstances regarding the loss?
  4. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Lower bid by SMS Assist out of Chicago
  5. NW Snow Removal

NW Snow Removal Senior Member

How low can these guys work for? who would accept a plow job for 40$/acre or 50/hr machine with 10ft pusher. at those rates, how is anyone expecting a quality company to do the job? it is getting ridiculous.
  6. snowbrothers101

snowbrothers101 Senior Member

SMS? That is funny. Their only experience in snow removal is Family Dollar, whcih is a total dog, they have no national field, no way to manage us, the contractors, except by sitting in call center, what a joke.

I wonder who steals it from them next year?

SMS is a total fraud.

By the way, that fake picture on their website making it seem like they have a whole city block in downtown Chicago, is a 6 person call center.

Funny, funny, funny, funny

Nice job Best Buy. This will go as well as it did years ago when you awarded snow to Genesis and they quit two weeks after you awarded it to them.
  7. yamahatim

yamahatim Senior Member

The old saying "You get what you pay for" will certainly bite more that one party in the azz me thinks. :nod:
  8. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Yeah I heard SMS got the one by me and it is a large lot for a best buy. I bid on it and my prices were market value for the area. I cant imagine what the price is for doing that lot?
  9. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

brookpark and ridge rd.??
  10. bartolini

bartolini Member

sms was up front with me regarding its size and operation when i inquired. i respect that.
  11. bartolini

bartolini Member

NW Snow Removal---43 trucks? Oh my god! Would not want to walk a mile in your shoes...God bless you
  12. shooterm

shooterm Senior Member
    from Midwest

We stopped sweeping the lots at two local walmarts this year and they never got anyone back. Word is they're about to **** can USM and try another. Problem is USM is as worthless as any other National. You simply put cant under bid a local service company on price you need to make some profit as well as they do.