1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

best boss for 06 f-150

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by jprop, Sep 22, 2006.

1. jprop

jprop Junior Member

I'm new to the site and have a 2006 f150 ext cab and would like advice on which boss blade (ploy or steel) would be best. I am only doing personal plowing (shop/parents/own
    driveways). Any feedback/personal experience would be great! I also have a friend that has an 05 f150 with a curtis and he had to put front spring spacers to keep the front end up (is this needed?). FYI I will be upgrading the front springs to raise the front GVW w/springs from a f150 that has the factory snow prep package. My area gets a lot of wet/heavy snow and want a blade on the heavier side (I know this will void warranty).

2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Just go with the 7'6" standard duty steel. Truck will handle it fine and if you tighten up the springs for the heavy snow you shouldnt have problems of it tripping alot. Also that plow is definitley on the lighter side and wont kill the truck
  3. jprop

jprop Junior Member

Thanks for the reply. You confirmed my choice. It is nice that you can adj trip spring tension.

Thanks again! :)
  4. MJM Landscaping

MJM Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

I have had the 7 6 standard for a year. I put the 2.5 lift plates in the front. I liked the plow but going from my 1 ton wit ha 9 ft x blade it feels small.

I am selling the blade but keeping the mount and wiring and gonna put a 8 2 vee on it.
    Let me know if you want the blade.
  5. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

you're putting a 8'2" V on a new f150!? That plow weighs over 200lbs more than the standard duty plow. I'd be a little leery of that. I'm interested to see how it makes the season.
  6. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

We have 2 1999 Dodge 1500 4x4 with poly V-blades on them...works just fine..Oh ya, add the goodyear airbags to the front coils...makes a BIG difference.