1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best Blizzard 8100PP control ????

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by oldman1922, Dec 8, 2010.

1. oldman1922

oldman1922 Junior Member
    from Canada

I have 2009 8100PP and do not like the joystick that came with it. Anyone have any experience with the new hand held control that Blizzard has??? Would like to get some feedback before I Put Out The Bucks. Thanks
  2. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

The new handheld is great. Small in size, you can run the wings one side at atime, or bucket blade it by touching one button, or retract both wings with one button, like your joystick. Unlike your joystick, you don't have to find that annoying little grove to get the wings in or out!!
  3. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

All my controls in the trucks are handhelds. Meyers, Blizzard, and Fisher. I couldn't plow with anything else. To me it's a no brainer. Plus you just unplug it in the summer and it's out of the way.
  4. ctbman

ctbman Member

If you want to sell that joystick let me know.MW enterprises has a universal hand held that works on the 810 for $220.00
  5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Depending on the design of your plow, the universal may be your only choice. The DD Blizzards with the 9 button Western MVP style controller will not work on the earlier design. They are awesome, I'm used to MVP's so I feel right at home with one in my hand. BUT the newer Blizzards use the 4 pin Western "Plus" style controlls and are a bit more technologically advanced than the handhelds of old.

I had a plan to make an adapter to use an early style MVP 9 button handheld to work with the Blizzards, but that was put on hold. If I get enough interest in my idea I may follow through with it sooner than later.
  6. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

Won't work on the PH2 or 8100 series plows. These plows only use a 4 wire controller because they use "Multiplexing" where computer under truck hood talks to controller under plow cover.
  7. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Same here......
  8. JpLawn

JpLawn Senior Member

I have a couple 03-04 810s. Is there a handheld controller that will work with them? We have the shoe box controllers now.
  9. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I got this link from JohnnyU:

Like I said, if I get enough interest in an adapter to use the MVP controller with the earlier Blizzards, I'll take the time to do it. JpLawn, I'd be interested in the controllers you have if you were to get handhelds to replace them.
  10. JpLawn

JpLawn Senior Member

Thanks for the link. I'm gonna call on monday to see how much they are. I would probably keep the controllers as back ups. Thanks again.