1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best Beginner Literature

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by JayMac, Jul 30, 2007.

1. JayMac

JayMac Member

I have spent many of nights looking over previous threads about beginners. Many have mentioned "The Snowplowing Handbook" by Charles D. Smith. But most of those post were back in 2000. Can anyone up-date or comment on this? Plus Sean Adams offers literature, again any updates? Both are about the same price. If I can I what to avoid getting the same info by two different people. Is there anything else that is new and exciting. Just Trying to save everyone some time by not repeating the same discussions, and not wasting my money.

Thanks for your help,
    JayMac

2. HughJ

HughJ Junior Member

Snow Magazine offers a snow removal book on its web site -- www.snowmagazineonline.com -- in the bookstore section. It's a pretty good into guide to snowplowing. Also you can sign up for the magazine for free.

I've called the magazine's editor in the past when I had a couple of questions and the guy was helpful.

Hope thishelps.

3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

The boss website has some beginner tips and whatnot about plowing and using a plow.....

4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Try www.sima.org

They should have what you are looking for.

The guide you suggest is or was required for the CSP test. That should tell you something about it.

5. JayMac

JayMac Member

Thanks guys I am checking into them?