1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

best battery for Polaris 500 Sportsman

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by timberframer, Jan 7, 2011.

1. timberframer

timberframer Junior Member

Can anyone plowing with ATV tell me if standard battery will hold up with winch for plowing? Does anyone offer a Heavy duty battery option?

2. perrysee

perrysee Senior Member

hi i plow with a sportsman 500 and have no problem with battery
    i also run a yellow flashing light. i plow about 15 accounts and do it commercially. Perry

3. irv

irv Senior Member

i have a 260 cca yuasa battery and keep a battery tender on it when
    not being used to keep it charged.batterystuff.com sells the hd batteries.

4. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

I'm having a problem with my battery on my ATV as well. I actually have a lawn mower battery on mine, as the factory battery couldnt handle the connection of all the aux wiring, and the poor connection kept giving me starting issues. So I upgraded to the mower battery with bigger terminals. Anyways, after plowing for a few the dash lights get real dim when I raise my plow. But if I leave it idle for a few minutes it will fire back up just fine. My mower battery is used, so maybe it wasn't FULLY charged to begin with? Maybe just a surface charge? Could someone please shed some light on this. Mine is a Polaris 500 Sportsman as well. I'm running a 3,000lb superwinch

5. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

its american so they are using the cheapest electronics they can, they have to save there so they can pay the high wages for a guy standing on a line, to tighten down bolts imo you asked

6. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I have a "Never Start" on my Arctic Cat and I have never had any problems with it. I have had it for about 4 years now.