1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best Backup Camera

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Advantage, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

So after seeing a sponsor ad here, it got me thinking more seriously about installing one of these. The one I liked from the sponsor(single camera, heated system) is of course sold out. Those of you that have experience with them, what are your recommendations?
  2. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Someone out there must run these...
  3. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

I have had them for 2 years now. Bought my first one from RVcams.com. Loved everything about it and will not plow without one now. The problem is they did not have a weatherproof camera connector. In a years time the prongs on the camera plug rotted away. Now in all fairness it was mounted on a salt spreader. I bought a second unit from rear view camera. Their camera plug is sealed much better than my first camera. Love it at night, use it all of the time. I mounted this camera on the back lip of my bed above the bumper. I have a dump insert so I don't have a tailgate. If you buy one you will wonder how you ever plowed without one.

Good Luck Mike