1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best backhoe for snow....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by On a Call, Feb 13, 2015.

1. On a Call

On a Call Senior Member

Okay, in your opinion.

What is the best backhoe for stacking, loading, and durability ?

Not looking for a new one but one within reason for purchase. I have a several lots that need a pusher box and would like to find a hoe that will save me money.

2. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

For my money, an older Deere 410d 4x4 is what I would choose. Of all the loader hoes I used back in that era, the Deere was the best. Powerful, stable, great visibility, excellent ergos.

3. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

4. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

I've always preferred a Cat since they're a little heavier and seem to push better

5. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

We rented a 310?J? last winter and ran a 12 foot ProTech on it. IMO, a backhoe is good at a lot of things, but pushing snow is not one of them. Unless you need the backhoe part, I'd look for a compact wheel loader, Deere 244J, Cat 904/906, etc.

Our 244J puts that 310 backhoe to shame pushing snow.
    That seems like a decent buy, but they're not listing hours.

6. On a Call

On a Call Senior Member

If I did not have sewers to repair I might buy that....wow could I move some snow with that thing.

Thank you for the post !