1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best Atv...

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by Whitehead, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Now that I am a whitehead again, I have blowers and one 94 Polaris 400 with a plow...

I am wondering if and when I get a different or another USED unit, what is the best for the buck, and what brand...
    Is it Honda, Polaris, Arctic Cat, Suzy, WHAT...
  2. apik1

apik1 Senior Member

You just started a pi$$ing contest but I like polaris. I have a 1996 and 2003 Sportsman 500's and I love them. The top end speed is not there but the low down torque, indpendant suspension, and on demand 4x4 are great. There is power to all 4 wheels unlike most that use a diff lock.
  3. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

I like arctic cat
  4. Leisure Time LC

Leisure Time LC Senior Member

Yamaha Grizzley 660. Mine is a beast
  5. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I like Arctic Cat and Honda. Stay away from Yamaha I have had bad luck with them.

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

sorry boys watch your feet [im peeing] ,honda,is the best but ive had many, but you will pay for it and then youl play and play and play imo.low maintenance.
  7. -Iron Mike-

-Iron Mike- Member

I like Honda. :drinkup:
  8. mudman

mudman Junior Member

I've gotta go with Honda:nod:. Gear driven tranny with no belt issues and tons of low end grunt. They aren't the fastest or the most comfortable rigs out there but they will go forever with regular maint...
  9. Reb

Reb Senior Member
    from Wyoming

This is like asking a group of guys to describe the perfect woman, no two responses will be the same.

All you can do is figure out what tasks you want this woman, opps I mean ATV to accomplish. Then list the features necessary to accomplish those tasks and start your selection process. Of course, used means she could be wore out or hardly even used. Its a shake of the dice.
  10. Reb...
    Sounds like you are a republican... :dizzy:

You side stepped the question totally... ;)
  11. mercer_me

These ATVs are in quality order from best to worst JMO.
    1. Arctic Cat
    2. Honda
    3. Suzuki
    4. Polaris
    5. Can-Am
    6. Kawasaki
    7. Yamaha
    8. Any other brand

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

remember belts are for holding pants up lol
  13. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

hey my cat is a belt driven tranny because it is an auto. and it works good. I would say arctic cat and honda are the 2 best atv's out right now.
  14. mercer_me

Same here. I agree 100%.
  15. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

I like my Kawasaki. But I would love to have an arctic cat
  16. lawnprolawns

lawnprolawns Senior Member

mercer, thanks for mentioning Can-Am/Bombardier. I love BRP's stuff, be it Ski Doo, Sea Doo, Can Am, whatever.

It's build great, good quality, easy to work on, comfortable, and always runs well!

I love mine, and I beat the hell out of it, both in the snow and on the trails.
  17. skywagon

skywagon Senior Member

Because you are a total idiot lol!!!!!!
  18. banksl&s

banksl&s Member

Pi$$ing contest, hell yeah!!! I say Arctic Cat but I'm prejudice. I did own a Yamaha Warrior and it was a good bike, my boy owns a Blaster now and it is pretty nice. Both are sport atv's though. I will say this if it says Polaris on it run, run Forest run. LOL.
  19. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

I like Honda,

if not Honda go with an ATV that you have good dealer support close by.

or go with what you like best.

what are you looking for?
    Power/Comfort/Ease of use?

I'm gonna go piss now since this is a contest will be back with how I did,

sublime out peeing
  20. Subline and all the other pushers of the white drug...

I just want it all, "but", I am a poor guy that is that way not by choice... I am just thinking to get the poop from some that are the heads of...

What do I look out for...

Is two cycle better...

What years are junk or the years to get...

Does it matter if it is a one owner unit...

If you where going to buy a used even a very used unit, what does someone look for, short of carrying a compression tester, or do I do a test...

Is the blue book give a true feel of a unit, or is it just a guideline...