1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

best atv tires for plowing on pavement no chains

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by hammer2108, Aug 9, 2010.

1. hammer2108

hammer2108 Junior Member

what is the best atv tire for plowing on pavement i dont want to use chains
  2. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

I use swamp foxes they are an all around good mud and snow tire
  3. hammer2108

hammer2108 Junior Member

got a good deal I think 399 inclusive shipping and tax plus mounting, 4 itp mudlites AT's, 25-10-12 '6 ply' rear, 25-8-12 '6 ply' front on black steel rims. I will let you know how they plow and also general trail use ..... got impatient thks deer for the only response I went with these due to them being much lighter than some of the others i think 15lbs for front and 20lbs for rear where the swamplites where about 5lbs more each and the wolverine 350 is no powerhouse....:mechanic::gunsfiring:
  4. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

ITP mudlites are nearly the same they are just a bit more expensive. they are a great tire
  5. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

from over at the www.highlifter.com site

The ITP 589's where like Iron on pavement. they may not be the best for traction but they'll last the longest.

just a thought.
  6. Tosa93F250

Tosa93F250 Member

I used the stock Carlisle AT489s last winter to push 18"+ of snow. I only got stuck one time when I tried to ride through a 3 foot deep snow bank and high-centered it. About 5 minutes of rocking and I managed to dig my way back out.
  7. 92ramcharger

92ramcharger Junior Member

I'm running Kenda Bearclaws and they work great for me in mud and snow.

(my sig pic below is from before the Bearclaws)
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
  8. 99tjer

99tjer Junior Member

whered you find them for 399?
  9. hammer2108

hammer2108 Junior Member

speedparts814 is the name of the store on ebaymotors shipping was quick as well as free.
  10. Mr.Freezzz

Mr.Freezzz Member
    from Utah

I like mud sharks the best with a heavy atv 700lbs plus. I now have 27" maxxis bighorns on and they ride and wear sooo nice the traction is good also.

Arctic Cat 700 LE

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

stock tires are fine
  12. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

I run stock tires in the winter. But I ran my 26" Dirt Devil X/T II before and wow hahaha

dirt devils

13. sammer4u

sammer4u Junior Member

Mudlites wear quickly on concrete and pavement! I have them, they are very nice for trails but plowing snow they definitely take a beating on the hard surfaces!
  14. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

Instead of starting a new thread i figured I would add to this one. The stockers are gone on mine and looking for ideas. I was leaning towards the mud lites but i'm shying away by the last said post. What about STI mud trax? I use my atv primarily for plowing and dragging logs so they need to take the abuse of the concrete / asphalt.
  15. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

find you a set of ITP 589's

last for ever on pavement and provide pretty good traction for pulling log's out of the wood's
  16. SQuad

SQuad Member

Removed the tractor tread tires and went with General Tire Altimax Artic. So much better pushing power. Gained 15mph travelling to the customers locations ( limited to 40mph with the plate I'm running). No vibration. Got stuck once but drove up onto a pile of snow. Ran 10psi. climbed the curbs and staircases better than the tractor tread, no spinning - no marks. Shocking how much snow it can push but let it drizzle a bit and it brings you back to reality, lot's of spray from the tires when travelling, hope to add some rubber mud flaps. Could have studded them, glad I didn't.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  17. Dave T

Dave T Senior Member
    from NE PA

Bighorns aired down to around 3 lbs work fine for me.

My son has Bearclaws, and aired down, they also work very well.

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

think of the hard nobs against pavement, the ride is bumpy so something is absorbing those bumps, maybe loosening wearing out ????
  19. sqdqo

sqdqo Member
    from mqt mi

Atv snow plow tires

ITP has a tire called a Tundra Cross, it is studded. Would give excellent traction on icy surfaces.
  20. revdwg

revdwg Member
    from canada

bighorn 2.0s