1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best Attch. Pusher Type

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by gottaluvplows, Jan 17, 2010.

1. gottaluvplows

gottaluvplows Senior Member

I was just wondering if it matters/ whats the best Pusher mount type there is the bucket Type where you put the bucket in between the pusher's forks then chain it up and go..

Then the direct mount which connects directly to the loaders coupling device/loader arms
    I have always thought there was a reason behind them..like why some people choose them..

Which do you like better and Why?
  2. sidthss

sidthss Senior Member
    from GR MI

What machine are you going to put the blade on?
  3. NW Snow Removal

NW Snow Removal Senior Member

we like the arctic sectional pushers because they keep the weight of the plow on the pavement and keep traction on the four wheels of our loader instead of having the front 2 off the ground when pressing traditional pushers onto the pavement. They are pricier, but the amount of slat we save makes up for it because they get to the bare pavement better than any other pusher on the market. the bucket mount chain setup and the lock in setup are whatever you prefer and make no difference in pushing except by lengthening the machine and ease of removing bucket on the machine.
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  4. gottaluvplows

I am thinking about getting a Cat 907H Its a compact Loader they use it at a local school and love it!

5. Westhardt Corp.

Westhardt Corp. Senior Member

Bucket/chain is by far cheaper, and allows you to keep the machine in "loader" trim, so you can pull double duty. It frightens me to see guys that use a chain with no binders, though--and they wonder why they can't push in a straight line with it. Sectional plows are dreamy, and IMHO a must for huge lots that generally have wicked low spots that would result in "missed" snow. But they don't work so well for loading salt or snow into trucks. Chances are if you have a lot that big, you have multiple machines on it, so...

For skid steers, the quick attach rail is the only way to fly, as you can swap attachments in less than a minute if you're good at it. 10' pushers are ideal, although 8' are nice because you can transport them on the machine legally and push farther before stalling.

6. gottaluvplows

:laughing:Ahahahah! how do you secure one with just using a chain??? haha! I have seen guys using thin rachet straps that was pretty funny!
  7. Westhardt Corp.

Westhardt Corp. Senior Member

I call it the "floating pusher method"...

8. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

If you want I have a real good deal. $3000 for a 16 ft "drifter" pusher. The use a cutting edge similar to the polar edges, and scape the pavement very well.
  9. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

I'm all about direct connect. I have a 12ft. protech on a 521 Case and converted it from a chain on to a ACS coupler. Just works better in tight areas and if you need to back drag it's not pulling on chains.
  10. bluejlandscaper

bluejlandscaper Member

I use both types of pushers. Each one has it's own advantages. The loader type attach with the forks is much better at stacking. It is able to pile snow higher than a quick attach skid steer type mount. The quick attach skid steer type mount is much more manueverable in tight spots, than the bucket attach type. Both types work well for me .
  11. gottaluvplows

Thanks but i already have one im looking at..

But thanks guys...Im still kinda in between