1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

best attatchment for snowremoval

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JML, Dec 28, 2000.

1. JML

JML PlowSite.com Veteran

i just bought a bobcat 753, what do you think the most productive attatchment would be, snow blower, snow blade, bucket, etc. thanks

joe

2. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

Lots of variables in that one. If you get frequent storms that produce large amounts of snow, I would opt for the blower. If you're working an area that needs to be cleaned every 2-inches, go for the blade. You can get a wider blade, and cover more area, all while still being able to scoop and lift like a bucket. Just my .02

-Tim

3. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

I second the blade. Unless you are doing large parking lots. My skid steers are doing condos, so I use the blade.

Geoff

[Edited by GeoffDiamond on 12-28-2000 at 10:29 PM]

4. Winterworks

Winterworks PlowSite.com Veteran

While plowing one of our customers lots, I watch another company clearing an adjacent lot with a skid steer and a pusher box. He finishes long before me. The little bugger even stacks the snow twice as high as my pickup. O well, at least I am warmer and can drink my coffee while I plow. Go for a protech or avalance!!

5. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

6. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

look at the ffc pusher box. it allows you to back drag from garage doors, along with the capture ability of a regular pusher box.
    Dino

7. Michael F

Michael F Senior Member

I have a new 753 with 8' blade we use in townhouse complexs, works great except on hills or in heavy snow, plenty of power, not enough weight. If I was to do over again I would have bought 7' blade & put Pro-wings on. Bobcat also makes an end kit for their plows, turns plow into pusher, sides fold back when not in use. If you decide to go with a full size pusher I would buy a 6'. All depends on you use.

8. JBLAWN

JBLAWN Junior Member

ARE ANY OF THE PUSH BOXES any better than the others or is it just who sells them in your area . looking into gettin one and was wondering which one.

9. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

Best attachment for a skid is good heat and something to hold coffee.Next would be a protech

10. SLC1

SLC1 Senior Member

PRO-TECH snow pusher would be the best choice

11. paul

paul PlowSite.com Veteran

Looked at the FFC pusher yesterday, nice unit. :)

It's going to be the next one that I buy, only problem is it's going to take a long time to wear out my Protechs!

If I had a 753 bobcat I would only go with a 6' pusher box.
    The limited lift that the 753 has makes a 8' too heavy but a six footer would work just right.