1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best attachment for skidsteer doing commercial lots?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by RLS, Jul 14, 2010.

1. RLS

RLS Junior Member
    from Alberta

Hello!

What is the preferred choice for snow removal using a skidsteer? I will be removing snow from commercial parking lots. Right now I am leaning towards a 100" snow bucket. But I have also seen snow pushers and blades.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

2. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

I run a blizzard 810 on my skid. Last year when it went down, my dealer supplied me with a loaner with a 96" wide bucket. Not quite as versatile, but it did a great job and a lot less cost, plus no changing over to a bucket for moving/consolidating piles.

3. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

We have used a 96" snow bucket for years on our S250. Works nicely on small-medium size lots. The operator better know where the hazards are though. Bigger lots we use a pushbox

4. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

Pusher Box.............

5. Fatality

Fatality Senior Member

i wouldnt run anything but a pusher box on a s/s

6. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Depending on the size of the machine, and lot size/setup a large blade on the front can be far more efficient than a containment plow, which also have their place on the right lot.

7. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

If the skid is your biggest piece on the lot then box plow, if the skid is working with something larger (wheel loader or large tractor) 12ft angle blade and chase the snow to him. Be careful with the snowbuckets as there is no trip, head meets windshield. Just my 2 cents

8. RLS

RLS Junior Member
    from Alberta

Thanks for the replies everybody!

Looks like a push box is the way to go. Is the main advantage of the pusher box over snowbucket the ability for the pusher box to trip? Can a guy back back blade with a pusher box?

I guess it all depends on the size of the lots as a few have mentioned.

9. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

Generally pushers don't have a trip edge unless they are blades with side plates attached. Pushers have a rubber edge which absorbs impact and/or moves to let the obstruction through. Protech makes a pusher that has a blade on top so you can tilt it forward and pull back.

pbspbb.jpg

10. wcb607a

wcb607a Junior Member
    from NJ

have you checked out the Kage System. I bought one last season and love it.

11. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

I would love to see some pictures and if you could tell me what you spent price wise would be great.

12. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

I think it all really depends on the parking lot your trying to plow. If I was doing condos with individual driveways, I would want a snow plow. If I was doing a large open lot, I would want a pusher. If I was doing a large lot with a lot of islands, poles, etc, I would be looking at a combo of the two or a Kage system.

I think a bucket is a must to go along with a skid steer which ever one you go with.

I have been looking at the Kage system for my Case 85xt, but I am not sold on its durability yet. I see how a standard snow pusher or snow plow will hold up, but I just don't see how all the weight of a full push box sliding around on that one bolt at the front of the A frame will hold up... I'm probably way off though, I'm sure they are fine as I have never heard anything bad about them and I have never used one.

13. FLC2004

FLC2004 Senior Member

I have a Pro-tech 12' Pullback on my S-300 that was originally bought when i had my T-300. This is a awesome pusher depending on what size the skidsteer is, this model is for bigger and higher hp machines.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  14. FLC2004

FLC2004 Senior Member

I saw this right after i just posted, but this is the pusher i have.

15. snocrete

snocrete Banned

You need to post some pics/vids of that:popcorn::whistling:

16. 04chevy2500

04chevy2500 Senior Member

id really like to see a vid of the 12' pusher on the s300 as well

17. FLC2004

FLC2004 Senior Member

This coming weekend we will be pulling out our plows, salters, blowers ect to start to go over everything and clean and service. I will be starting to post equipment pics as soon as we do that. Cant wait for the snow wesport

18. dirtnazi

dirtnazi Member
    from ct

I run 2 185 newhollands 1 with a 10ft danielsand 12ft daniels with a pusher kit the Brest plows out hands down

19. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

I run a 10 ft Kage on my Bobcat A 300 with studded tires. So far so good. No problems.

20. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

The last time you spoke of the Kage System you bought, you said that you hadn't used it very much (maybe 9-10 hrs). How many hours do you have on it now.