1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best attachment for Bobcat?

Discussion in 'Government Property Snow Removal' started by PHS79, Jan 9, 2015.

1. PHS79

PHS79 Member

I work for a small town with a population of 1700. I am usually running our S570 Bobcat with 6' low profile bucket, we do have a 6' blower but it is only used in big snows, I am wondering what your guys opinions are as to if there is a better attachment than the bucket for our use. When we go out I am pushing snow off about 3000ft of 5' sidewalk, 2 parking lots that are roughly 100X200 each, and cleaning up intersections along the highway that runs about 2 miles through our town.

The bucket works ok, but do you guys think a different attachment may work better? Problem being that it can't be more that 6' wide. The only one I can think of is maybe a pusher/plow combo like a Kage system or similar. Any thoughts?
  2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

3. Ty27

Ty27 Senior Member

I would say a 6' kage would work pretty well. That way you can windrow the parking lots then scoop the intersections with one attachment.Thumbs Up
  4. nepatsfan

nepatsfan Senior Member

v plow for the sidewalks and box for the lots
  5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

V blade............
  6. kagenewengland

kagenewengland Senior Member

An 8' kage or SnowWolf is about 5'wide when at full angle. This would work on your sidewalks
  7. G.Landscape

G.Landscape Senior Member
    from Ontario

a Kage plow probably isn't the best in this case because you have to leave your box somewhere while you plow the 3000 feet of side walk. so unless your 2 lots are first on the route then logistic of getting the box back would be a nighmare on the 2 small parking lots.

Best would be a small wing plow but not sure there is a company that makes one.
  8. PHS79

PHS79 Member

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I called the dealer on Friday to get a price on a Bobcat 84" V plow. The specs say that at full angle its 75", straight 86", V 75" and scoop is 74". I think we could work with those measurements, not just have to wait and see how bad the pricing is!
  9. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

The sidewalks might be broken up. 1500ft up one side of the road, then 1500ft down the other side. He could then leave the box somewhere near the beginning and would end up back at the box again when he is done with the sidewalks