1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best Approach

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by OffRoadPlow, Jan 8, 2003.

1. OffRoadPlow

OffRoadPlow Senior Member

Situation, Less than a year in the area I moved too. I drive down my road about 8 miles to the highway and almost every house I pass does not get plowed, and the only ones I see that do, the homeowner is shoveling or "lawntractor" plowing it days after it snows... So obviously I want to offer my service :nod: , in your minds, what would be the best way to do it, I want to of course land as many as possible, but do not want to come off as unprofessional. The last company I plowed for ( a while ago ) just gave me the addresses, and what I needed to know on directions and obstructions so I never really had to do the bidding. All of the ones I can see are residential, some elderly and some "rich" area suburbs as well. I don't believe I would be stepping on any toes with the lack of what is being done, but I want to go at it the right way the first time.... Your thoughts are appreciated.

2. fordman

fordman Senior Member

I would just knock on their doors and ask them if they would be interested in hiring you to do their snow removal. If they yes then just present them with your pricing scheme.

3. paul soccodato

paul soccodato Senior Member

maybe print up some flyers for your biz , and mailing them to the homeowners.

4. rockcrusher4x4

rockcrusher4x4 Member

I would just stop and introduce yourself and offer your services, I do it all the time I don't think that it us unprofessional, you are offering a service to them that they may be in need of, I have noticed that alot of them will want a price on the spot, so be prepared with a price. All they can say is no!
    Good Luck:D
    Joe

5. OffRoadPlow

OffRoadPlow Senior Member

Thanks,,,

I really appreciate the info, weird, I guess I did not really think about before, most the accounts I was used to were already setup,,, funny how you can learn something about things you think you know......

Thanks again,,, :drinkup: