1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best all around shovels, or two seperate shovels one for light/fluffy & heavy/wet

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by superdutypsd, Nov 3, 2015.

1. superdutypsd

superdutypsd Senior Member

Please delete if not allow or already posted
    Hey guys looking to update my smaller equiment this year, what are the best all around shovels for a mix of conditions or i also wouldnt mind buying a few of some for light & fluffy and say some of another for wet and heavy, i am partial to the old school kinda flat ones used to heave the snow and chop ice, also looking for durability. I had got so of the back saver plow blade types last year and the guys really didnt care for them and were useless with all the wet heavy & ice storms we got last year. Im also getting another single stage blower to add for the sidewalk crews this year, any input on HP, size, durability, and wide range in performance for all conditions. Whats working and holding up for you guys and what isnt.

2. superdutypsd

Anyone, any input at all ?

3. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

4. superdutypsd

Buff thank you buddy, yes those wolverine shoulds are exactly as what i was talking about for a mix of snow and all around weather thats what i like, i just do not have them in that brand, and i few of the plow type shoves they just have the bow in them

As fornthe single stage i was looking at the honda, I currently have a toro any major difference with the honda that seprates it from toro

5. superdutypsd

Buff what about something like these for the plow type, that have a deeper cruve and your able to angle the handle

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cnx-Ga9T5sw

6. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Honda:
    Metal chute which IMO is more durable and chute handle is longer so less reaching/bending
    Paddles are 3pcs, have more support which equals less flex in wet snow.
    Honda owns the small engine market IMO

In the video none of the walks had seen any heavy foot traffic, I think that type of shovel wouldn't do all that well.

7. JMHConstruction

JMHConstruction PlowSite.com Addict

I was going to pick up one of those to try them out on my walks with 2" or less triggers. That company doesn't exist or something. They have a few different shovels, but you can't find any on line and all websites are blank. Have only heard good about the snow plow shovels.

8. superdutypsd

Really, i think they would work great in all type of snow & ice, with the exception possibly if the sidewalks had a ton of foot traffic on them before hand, but with the curve of the blade i think they would still work ok. wonder if there other brands of similar to this concept out there, last year i had picked up some snow plow type sholves that were like 32"/36" wind and were great but were only pushers and didnt curl the snow of like that a few got broke and a few lose and left places but loved the width of them just look for whats working for guys since have to update this year anyway