1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best ad for plowing ever

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by NEUSWEDE, Mar 7, 2007.

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Found this in a local free paper. I thought it was great because I feel the same way.

2. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

I don't get it.

Is it because you plow and don't do removal but people constantly call you thier snow removal guy, not their plow guy?
  3. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Senior Member

I agree wholeheartedly.

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

It isn't my ad.

I think people are calling him during storms and wanting rock bottom price. I know people I give quotes to in the fall come out of the wood work during the storms and want it done asap and at the original price and I say not at that price!
  5. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Senior Member

That's what I took it to mean as well. Or- since it's a free paper maybe the ad was free and he's messin' around in another way, but me thinks it's what you said.
  6. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

or he is tired of his customers calling him wondering where he is?
  7. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

call and ask if this is eric that does snow removal
  8. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

It's True most new people looking for quotes ask for snow removal, Then we explain to them it's plowing you want, removal cost alot more and it's not what they want all the time.
  9. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

or its called F-N snow removal, and to get people's attention he thru in DON"T
  10. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i don't get the ad....i know what "snow removal" is, but if you say "snow removal" here you had better explain what it means because it takes on a different meaning in the states that only get 20" of snow per season.
  11. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

What a clown...:rolleyes:
  12. Northland

Northland Senior Member

A little Reverse Psychology.... Hmmmmm...
  13. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Dont you love it when people that could have signed up to pay $xx per push (driveway, small 8x75) and they say no so they can price shop and find someone cheaper, then when it snows and that person doesnt show up they call you and tell them $XXX. payup
  14. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Its guys who put adds in the paper like this, that give the industry a bad rap.

What a hill billy !!!
  15. Cassy

Cassy Senior Member

so I'm not suppose to call him?

16. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

Snow removal around here is plowing........but again.... as stated we are ones who seldom get large amounts of snow......
  17. Idealtim

Idealtim Senior Member

Who would look at that ad and say, yup, thats the guy I want!