1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best 8' Poly/ Stainless V Box Spreader?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Otts, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Otts

Otts Junior Member
    from WI

Looking at up grading our V Box. Who makes the best all Poly or Poly/Stainless V Box? Was looking at the 8' Swenson Poly/stainless. Haven't got a quote on one yet though.
    Do any of them keep the salt in the box as the conveyor chain goes around. A good amount of salt builds up at the front of our current v box's chain, and under it.
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Look at the Buyers/Salt Dogg products. They make a great SS two electric motor unit. Buyers product reviews continue to be very good, with great pricing.

I would take SS over poly due to the ability to cut/bend/weld in case repairs are needed. Unless you do 100% straight salt, I would take the bed chain over an auger. I think any bed chain unit is going to leak some material around and under. If you can't remove the spreader regularly, maybe use some transverse mounted spacer (2x4) to lift the spreader enough to get a hose under there occasionally.