1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best 5 Grand Plow Rig ? ? ?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by racajoje, Mar 4, 2005.

1. racajoje

racajoje Junior Member
    from N.Ky.

Thanks for the good suggestions on the "FamilyMan Plow Rig", I really like the idea of the F350 4 door short box Stroker. Now for another possible project. Anybody have suggestions on putting together a 5 Grand rig capable of doing parking lots. Of coarse I realize it'll mean a used plow, that's a given. What rig ? Jeep, old Chev or GMC 3/4 or 1 ton P-U or ? ? ?

Thanks again.
  2. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

I run a 93 International low profile with a 10 foot meyers , a 93 f 350 with a 8 ft meyers , a 1987 dodge ram charger with a 7.5 meyers and a 1986 toyota with a 6 ft meyers . Only 1 of these trucks barely broke the 5 grand mark , and they all are front line parking lot trucks. It can be done easily for 5 grand and under .
  3. hesko1

hesko1 Member

5000.00 plow truck

For 5 grand get yourself an 84-87 chevy 1 ton with a np205 transfer case, (gear to gear) and a dana 60 front axel, (large greasable halfshaft u-Joints) replace the cab every ten years and your good to go. I've got 20 years plowing on two of mine. They are still my two main trucks with a 99 dodge as backup. I've been wanting to post pics of our babies for a long time. I'll try to have the wife do it tomarrow!
  4. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I can vouch for his equipment. It may sound old. But all of it runs just fine.