1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best 3pt. hitch drop spreader?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by mdb landscaping, Dec 30, 2013.

1. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

Does anybody have any experience with a 3 pt hitch drop spreader. From what I gather the epoke units are really nice. Not sure about dealer support for southern new england? I see snowex makes a sd600 or sd1400 which looks intriguing, as well as downeaster is now promoting one on their site. I am looking to see if anybody has tried any of these and how they worked out? I want to run calcium chloride ice melt through it and it would be going on a john deere 2520.
  2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Snowex makes one.
  3. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

Holy Crap does the SD-600 work well. We run it and it has decreased our salt use 75% vs. a walk behind broadcast spreader. Moral of the story ... make sure you have all your salt applications based on a per event spec before switching. That is the best way to pay for the price of that spreader in a hurry.
  4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

Do you have any photos of your set up? What is it mounted on?