1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bent V blades

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by secret_weapon, Nov 12, 2014.

1. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Senior Member

I've been reading about (searching) all the bent V blades and it seems everyone, including me has a problem with the drivers side blade bending at the bottom. The bottom welded bracket always seems to break off.
    So my real question is, has this been improved on the newer model v blades? On the VXT's and DXT's? I have been considering getting the new VXT blade halves but I am curious if this area of the plow has been improved.
    Anyone have input on this?

2. oarwhat

oarwhat Senior Member

We've had four V plows and never bent a wing. I've seen it but I don't know how guys do it. We run them hard and have hit numerous things. (Not on purpose of course) . I hope I didn't just jinks myself

3. absolutely

absolutely Senior Member

We have bent an older one also and put the new vxt wings on. So far so good and that was a couple seasons ago. I would get the dxt wings if possible. Best plow we have.

4. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Senior Member

The reason it bent is because the lower hinge/bracket that is welded to the left wing broke off as it seems most do. When backdragging it catches an edge of the pavement and bends the blade out. If you don't do much back dragging this won't be an issue from what I've seen. I'll use it this year, but I would really like to get the VXT blades. Cheaper than buying a whole new plow. Unfortunately the DXT center section is different and those blade halves won't fit.
    Maybe take a day trip to ESI and pick them up.