1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bent trip Edge Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by gmcsierra1500, Feb 11, 2009.

1. gmcsierra1500

gmcsierra1500 Senior Member
    from CT

Well i hit a curb and managed to bend about 1 foot in on the corner of my trip edge (where theres a backing plate) so now the plow scrapes on each side but the middle doesnt touch on level ground, i tore the trip edge off today and now trying to figure out how to straighten it out, any suggestion Thanks in advance

2. HinikerPrototyp

HinikerPrototyp Member

2 cents

Hi Without seeing it,it might be better to leave it on the plow and get a big A$$ chain and a ratchet load binder,Hook each end to both ends of the plow, use a torch heat up where its bent and try ratcheting it so it brings the ends in. I would say the plow should still be on the truck and be on the ground.If you try straightening it off the truck you might not be able to get it bolted back on the plow or attached due to possible stretching of the piece being straightened.Lets see some pics:)

3. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

cut a v in the trip edge and bend it back them plate the backside good lluck

4. gmcsierra1500

gmcsierra1500 Senior Member
    from CT

thanks

Thanks for the advice, id post pictures but my budy came and picked it up yesterday to take it to his shop and try putting it in a press worst comes to worst he said he can fab me up a new one