1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bent tab on A-Frame

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by FrFtr28, Jul 26, 2010.

1. FrFtr28

FrFtr28 Member

I went and looked at a plow this weekend and noticed the two tabs on the A-Frame looked bent to me. I've been trying to find pictures online to compare, but I can't find anything. I am talking about the tabs closest to the truck at the bottom of the picture. Are these tabs supposed to look like this or is this something that would need to be replaced?

[​IMG]

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes they're bent which isn't uncommon. Not a major job to fab up a new set and weld them on though. Any local welding shop should be able to do it for minimal cost.

3. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

i unknowingly had a pin fall out once and the ear that remained pinned got bent something awful. i got it red hot with my torches and bent it back, but the hole was oblong. it was good enough for me to finish the route, but once i was done i cut off the bad ear and welded on a new one.

you're best bet is to cut it off, then go to your metal supply house and have them match it up with new metal stock. and also ask them to drill the hole in it for you (if you don't have the proper bit and a drill press)