1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bent some fence

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Sno4U, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

On our last time out (this weekend) I was at a commercial site plowing. I was making a pass along a building and hit apallet buried in the snow. I couldn't even see the pallet move until it caught a post on a chain link fence and bent it, in turn bending a gate. Not a big deal. I can go back w/ the skidloader at some point a bend it back.
    Problem is I do want them to renew their lawn service contract but am tired of them leaving junk around for me to possibly hit w/ the plow. Last time it was a piece of guard rail along the building which I saw b/f anything bad happened. The time b/f that we had aplow break and dinged his building which we fixed. I feel this is their fault and I shouldn't have to fix the fence.
    whatdoyathink?

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

If you don't fix it then I bet they won't be a customer much longer
    If they are a good payer I would try to keep them....times are tough

3. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Fix it and work it into the price for next year. As long as they pay their bills, consider it collateral damage. Try and do site visits before it snows next season and move the obstructions before it becomes a problem. Make it a line item on your quote. They will either A. pay it or B. move the stuff on their own or C. fire you. Lets hope its not C:drinkup: