1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bent snowbear blade 90% fix...

Discussion in 'Snowbear Plows' started by hardtorn, Oct 26, 2010.

1. hardtorn

hardtorn Junior Member

Ok... please be easy on me with the flames...
    I worked for years in a body shop.. did a fair amount of frame/unibody repair.
    Back then we had a system of pulling that worked great with a 40k frame machine.
    So now without these type of tools I have to resort to old "farm boy style"
    engineering... I recall a few times when my Dad had bent a section of a equipment that was to big to fit in the shop on the frame machine..alternative methods had to be used.
    Often a tree and a chain worked well.
    Or the method that you will see in the pic's below.
    I got about 90% of the bend out of the end of the plow blade doing this a few times.
    Holding the weight out the plow and lightly working the metal with a hammer.
    If I had a torch... that would have been even better.
    I would have done even better... I will still add some extra steel bracing to the
    back now... to keep the blade from bending back now that the metal is softer in that area.

Well the pic's... DIY please be safe... this can be dangerous.

IMG_20101025_151033.jpg

IMG_20101025_150742.jpg

IMG_20101025_150617.jpg

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  2. h8to wrk

h8to wrk Member

NIce, I had to cut torch and weld mine to get a bend out. This is a fantastic Idea!

3. cjshloman

cjshloman Senior Member

Nice....I know what Ill be doing in a day or two when I un-summerize my plow. thanks