1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bent push frame and blade

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by DGODGR, Nov 30, 2008.

1. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

I have a Honda Foreman 350 ATV that we use for the sidewalks in an industrial complex. The employees I have are rough on the plow and have bent the frame and push tubes. It is a Cycle Country 48" with manual lift. I never was very impressed by it's construction. Where can I get a more professional grade ATV plow? What brand do you recommend? I also would like to know where to get a cutting edge with made from AR steel.

2. lawnprolawns

lawnprolawns Senior Member

I have an American/Eagle plow. I bent one frame, but then got another, beefed it up, and it's been fine. I also cut the push tubes shorter so the plow isn't so far in front of the ATV. I took a good 8" or so off.

3. banksl&s

banksl&s Member

What is AR steel? Try Moose plows, I like mine.

4. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

if you have a welder. get a decent tractor plow and make one. thats your best bet. mine is heavy duty.

5. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

eat my tailpipes has the best solution back in the day we couldnt make aluminum foil. buy and modify

6. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

get a Moose 50" County version, would be a good fit for sidewalk.

just my thoughts.

sublime out.

7. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

Last edited: Dec 1, 2008
  8. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

9. hondarecon4435

hondarecon4435 Senior Member

just bend them back to the right position and add some strips of steel to reinforce them and maybe hire some guys you can trust with your equipment

10. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

AR stands for Abrasive Resistant. It is what cutting edges are normally made from for extended life.

11. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

You want carbon steel.

12. skywagon

skywagon Senior Member