1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bent Push Beam..

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by streetfrog, Dec 17, 2007.

1. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

I bent my push beam yesterday thanks to a resident idiot. I asked him if there was anything in the way and he said NO. Needless to say there was so now I can t plow and still have a few to clean up. so.........................Anyone in NH or close to Nashua on the MA. side please read.:cry::

I need a push beam 23 inch ears. Bent mine to hell yesterday and need one desperately. Im in Hudson NH. Please email me if you have one at streetfrog@comcast.net . Thanks guys.
  2. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

That's why you never do work for anyone other than a site that you've seen without snow.

Sure you can make an extra $50, but you've got customers that you're already doing that you can't clean up their snow either, plus it'll cost more than $50 to get it fixed, if only for the downtime.
  3. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

No more... $225 for the part plus fabbed and welded the tabs.
  4. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

The truly sad part here is that you call him the "resident idiot" , but you are the guy who has the broke equipment because you didn't look at the lot when it had no snow! :cry:

No offense, but damn, how can you blame him? :dizzy:
  5. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

How did you bend the push beam? Unless you hit a solid object atleast a foot high the plow should trip over it. I have driven over 8 inch curbs before and caused no damage.
  6. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

He waited 5 minutes to come out to tell me about the ice pile. He then says I was going to tell you about that. When. It had snowed less than 36 hrs before so figured that no way it coulda freezed that damn fast. oh well lesson learned. No more after the first snow fall. It's all fixed now and backdrag made and installed, so off to whiter pastures.
  7. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

That's a great way to look at it, good for you! At least you learned something from it. And it could have been worse, so just chalk it up to the cost of doing business! :drinkup: