1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bent plow

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by grassyguy, Jan 23, 2008.

1. grassyguy

grassyguy Junior Member

I have a problem with my western unimount. Last season I was in reverse and had my plow hanging to low. It grabbed a curb. After that the plow would not set even. The left side was on the ground and the right side was up about 6 inches. I cannot for the life of me find the problem. I called the guys at truk quip (Local Tulsa dealer) who told me I need to just buy a whole new plow. I can't believe there is no way to find and fix the problem. Anyone do the same thing and found the problem and solution.
  2. Indy

Indy Senior Member

take it to a truck/auto body shop, they can put it on a rack and find the twist. Likely cheaper than a plow. They will like the challenge

good luck
  3. Indy

Indy Senior Member

hit the otherside with the same curb!? Just kidding:jester:
  4. cjcocn

cjcocn Member

Start taking it apart and putting the pieces on a flat surface. Eyeball and measure the components to see what is not sitting square.
  5. grassyguy

grassyguy Junior Member

thanks for the ideas guys.
  6. rocknrollrednec

rocknrollrednec Senior Member

when I'm dealing with bent plows, I'll take it off the truck and set it on level ground. Then you can look at the plow and see what is bent where, and replace parts or rebend it so that it's all level again. If the plow's off the truck and it's all "square", then check out the truck to make sure everything there is okay.
  7. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

i would check the a frame to see if there is a twist with the blade up and down looking towards the truck and maybe even crawl under the truck and look towards the blade with it lowered to see where it is bent at. It might be where it pivots in the middle.