1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bent plow ?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by the eggman, Feb 17, 2010.

1. the eggman

the eggman Member
    from ohio

Bent plow ? When angle my blade to the right the right side of the blade raises 5 inches
    and the left side stays on the ground. When the blade is straight or angled to the left it stays
    even with the ground. I toke the plow to a well known shop and spent $50 to find out that
    they do not know what the problem is. I start to tear id apart to see if i can see something
    bent. Anyone else have this problem. Thanks fore your help.:mechanic:

2. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

how is your cutting edge ?

3. the eggman

the eggman Member
    from ohio

not new but ok

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The cause is usually a bent A-frame. They'll either be twisted slightly over their entire length, or bent right at the nose plate. A bent truck mount isn't out oft he ordinary either. A few measurements with a tape will help narrow it down.

5. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

It sounds like you may have bent your A-frame. That used to happen to us all the time with Meyers plows. If that is the case you'll have to disassemble and bring it to a good welding shop. They generally can straighten and reinforce or you may have to buy a new A-frame.

6. the eggman

the eggman Member
    from ohio

what measurements should i take. My eyes say the a-frame or truck mount are straight
    but i think my eyes are being fooled

7. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

When my cutting edge was worn down bad my plow would lift off the ground on either side when angled a little more than 5 inchs

once I put a new edge one it was fine

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Measure from the bottom of the truck frame down to the pin holes on the mount for the blade. This will tell you if the mount is square with the truck frame.

To check the A-frame thoroughly it should be removed from the sector to get a good look at it. You'll see right away if it's bent once it's removed. That's also an excellent time to check the pivot bolt and holes on the nose plate and sector for any wear, which there will likely be if the plow has any age on it at all.