Snow Plowing Forum banner

Bent plow or bent fram ?

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  wva 
#1 ·
I have a 96 k1500 z71 with a Meyers classic 7 1/2
Last winter I had a lot of problems with the blade and stored it until now.
Problem is when i angle the plow left the left side comes off the ground
a couple inches. When the plow is straight or angled to the left it is ok.
Last year i took the plow to one of the best shops around and the can't
find anything wrong:confused: So no its time to get this plow ready for winter payup
What do you think i should do ?
I also need to get a new controller, 2 rams and maybe rebuilt the pump and lightspayup
Thank for your input :mechanic:

#3 ·
Flipper;1079470 said:
Is the cutting edge new or worn severly? Put a new straight edge on it to really tell.

Does the A-frame sit level and are both sides pinned in the same height hole? Problems like you are describing are almost always A-frame related.
The cutting edge is ok and a-frame is level.
I am looking for a used a-frame 4-sale to see if that is the problem.
I will take some pics soon and post at the meyers from to see
if I can get some more replies.
Thanks

:mechanic:

#8 ·
doesnt even look all that bad, my blade rock a decent amount but my cutting edge is worn all weird. just have to drop it on some bar pavement a couple times and bring here back to life with a good crisp edge on her. your a frame is a little bent but i have seen wrose.

#9 ·
ref;A-frame bent....

...My guestimate is the hitch pins are more than 10 above the ground..When the blade id hooked up and sitting down...The A-frame should be level to to the ground (parallel) not tilted up-wards like a ramp.When parked on level ground the blade A-Frame should be level also.....

#10 ·
the new boss 92;1085296 said:
doesnt even look all that bad, my blade rock a decent amount but my cutting edge is worn all weird. just have to drop it on some bar pavement a couple times and bring here back to life with a good crisp edge on her. your a frame is a little bent but i have seen wrose.
Have you checked the pivot pin. it may be loose or pivot pin holes may be oblong-ed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.