1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bent Plow Mount

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by mercer_me, Dec 1, 2009.

1. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I went to put my plow on today and one of my plow mounts was bent out. So it was wider than my plow frame. So I had to take it off and put it on the press and bend it back. Not a big deal. But it was just a pain in the a** to have to screw around with it. I know how I bent it, last summer I got hung up on a rock and I was all alone so I couldn't push it off by hand. So I winched it off the rock and when I did I must have bent my plow mount.

2. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

what type of Plow you running and how far down did your Mount hang?

I worry about my Older Moose Mount that the Tabs Hang way down "style that the Pins went through the tube's" but for the Newer Moose mount that has the low profile mount It would be real hard to get thouse tabs to get bent up since they don't drop very far below the mounting plate.

any just be glad you could bend it back into place and not that you was missing the mounting tabs and had to fab up new ones LOL

sublime out

3. mercer_me

I have an Arctic Cat plow. The mounts hang down about 1''maybe a little more.

4. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

That sucks!! The Kimpex mount is pretty solid. I have pounded on that pretty hard and it never bent. I have to find a skid plate now that I sold the blower. Although I wouldn't mind finding a good deal on a Kimpex plow for it.

5. mercer_me

I thought my Arctic Cat mounts were pretty solid. But when I was bending it back on the press it bent wicked easy. I gues I'm going to have to be more carefully on were I go.