1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bent pin

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by tunlrat, Feb 25, 2009.

1. tunlrat

tunlrat Junior Member
    from mass

I have a bent clevis pin on the angle ram will a sawzall be able to cut through it. i do not have a torch to cut it out. Any ideas will help. Also the seal is leaking on the angle ram is it easy to change the seals yourself. Thanks

2. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

The sawzall may be able to do it but i maight go through a few blades. Use an angle grinder, I'm a pro at this lol, i cut all the pins off my plow because they were welded together and I used an angle grinder with a cutting wheel. Takes 2 minutes

3. BigLou80

BigLou80 Senior Member

I sawzall will work fine just go slow and use decent blades made for cutting metal I like lenox brand blades. heat from trying to cut to fast is what burns up the blades.

If you have a multi speed one like I do go all the way to the slowest setting, even then don't pull the trigger all the way and let the saw do the work should only take a few min