1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bent part under A frame?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Emerscape, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Emerscape

Emerscape Member

On my Fisher MM2 under the bottom of the A frame are two L shaped peices of metal that support or guide the bottom as you turn the plow left and right. The person who had the truck before me bent them at some point so that they no longer guide the bottom of the A frame but the plow still turns to both side without any problem. Untill I have time to get them heated up and bent back into the proper position will it affect or damage my plow? ill try to get pictures if im not describing it properly

2. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

They are not supposed to be tight. They are supposed to be "loose" in order to allow the plow some movement to tilt to the left and right vertically. They will open up over time, just be careful not to make them too tight.

3. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

Z-dog is right--some people use to mash them on purpose on the old speedcast blades to take out some slop when the pins were worn, so the blade didn't shake as much!

4. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Unless it was done intentionally by the previous owner, I doubt they're bent. It's an awefully new truck, and I have never seen those bent in actual use of much older plows.

I would suggest having you're local dealer look at it before determining it's bent and in need of repair. (not saying have the dealer fix it, have him inspect it- if it is bent he'll tell you.)

5. Emerscape

Emerscape Member

I just wanted to make sure that it wasnt weakening the plow in any way. Most likely what happened is someone crushed it when loading the plow into the back of the truck for transportation. The plow works fine, sometimes catches on the bent pieces and makes a groaning noise but nothing major.