1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bent new plow pic

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ricothunder, Dec 14, 2011.

1. ricothunder

ricothunder Member
    from ontario

hear are the pic of my plow i purchased this year final call was bad welds and got a new blade took a week of yelling but got the new blade. as you can see its ####ed lol they adjusted it for 2 days but nothing worked when in v the center didnt touch

Photo214[1].jpg

Photo215[1].jpg

Photo213[1].jpg

2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Was the a-frame level?

Looks like what one might see when the truck-side mount is too low. How did the cutting edge sit when in the V position?

3. ricothunder

ricothunder Member
    from ontario

v mode the center did not touch and the pic are from it was in the scope postion and new blade is on truck now same mount holes and sits perfect

4. ricothunder

ricothunder Member
    from ontario

and the truck has air bags up front i can jack it up 6 inchs and it still did the same lol love thos bags

5. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

Glad to hear you got it straightened out, nothing more frustrating then shelling out hard earned money on something you can't use.

6. ricothunder

ricothunder Member
    from ontario

this was my second blade in 10 months from this dealer they bailed me out last winter when my 1999 blizzard died so i owed it to them to give them the sale on the new truck so i had some levreage on them $16000 spent in 10 months just gald there has been no snow yet i had the blade for one month befor i noticed i was doing a pre season set up and check up and found the prob

7. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Had same problem but I was able to adjust mine My plow was pitch to far back

8. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

it's hard to tell by the photos but it still looks like the mount is too low at the back? But if the new blade fixed it then I guess you are right and something must have been bent. I would have liked to put my own eyes on that one. Never the less I am pleased to hear that your dealer finally came through for you.

9. ricothunder

ricothunder Member
    from ontario

all is good now... but the main beam coming from the plow when i checked was 11 1/2 inch off the ground to the bottom and it was level to the truck is that too low? but the new plow is siting the same and is all good

10. Antlerart06

What kind of truck you have it on

Did they tell you what was bent

11. ricothunder

ricothunder Member
    from ontario

12. Antlerart06

13. Antlerart06

After seeing your truck and you saying its a 2001 why do you have airbags on it
    I see it on that new truck you have to hold that wideout up

14. ricothunder

ricothunder Member
    from ontario

the bags were for my first plow blizard 810 wideout style blade and well now i just use them to keep same ride height so no real reason any more i wanna get a set for the new truck just to help out on the springs