1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bent motor shaft on TGS07

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by stewie, Jan 13, 2011.

1. stewie

stewie Junior Member
    from pa

i backed into something and bent the motor shaft, has anyone tried to straighten and reuse the shaft or do i have to buy and new motor? thanks for any dvice

2. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

If your really good with a press you might be able to, probably better off with a new motor. I have tried a few times with limited success.

3. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Yes, I am thinking you will need new motor/shaft assembly

4. TheSkilz

TheSkilz Junior Member

Bent mine 2 times was easy to fix just remove plastic cover place a pipe a little larger than shaft and slowly bend the other way ,,turn a few times and check i usally have to bend it 2 or 3 times to get it straight ,,,but it worked for me ..

5. npi9181

npi9181 Member

I straightend one out the motor and gear box is the only way to buy it at this time parts will be available seprate later

6. stacks04

stacks04 Senior Member
    from ct

I did a buddys the other day and it seems to be fine. He bent his pretty good and we got it pretty straight. After a test run it seems to spread just fine and not make any noise so I am guessing he is gtg.