1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bent fisher mm2 plow moounts

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by terraventure, Feb 1, 2010.

1. terraventure

terraventure Member

Has anyone had this problem. I just bought this truck and both the head gear and push plates are bent. this is a 9.5' Extreme V. I had the same problem on my 9' x- blade. My xblade had cold welds that broke that allowed the head gear to rotate in the mounts which caused the tabs on the head gear to bend. I have not plowed with the new truck and the tabs on the head gear are bent already. Am I just blessed or has anyone else had this problem.

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

From what I can tell in your photo, and what your referring to, there suppose to be like that for aligning purposes.
  3. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Yeah I'm with Repo. Unless I'm missing something that looks straight to me.
  4. terraventure

terraventure Member

no, they are not supposed to look like that. That is the tab that engages into the slot in the push plates it is 3/8" plate which should be straight. Here is another photo. What is pictured should be a right angle.

5. terraventure

terraventure Member

here is a picture from the fisher website

6. That angle makes it a little easier to see what you are talking about. I just went out into the shop and looked at all of my MM2s and none of them look like that. It's hard to do with a MM2 but I'll bet the plow was run with just the drivers side pin engaged. Either that or it was picked up by a loader or something that bent it. JMO
  7. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

That brings a whole new perspective to the table. Mine isn't like that either. My first thought was the headgear must of taken a significant blow, maybe a misaligned attempt at mounting it were the horns hit the receivers head on while the plow was possibly against something to prevent it from moving forward. Or as Motorman pointed out; possibly a loader scenario.
  8. terraventure

terraventure Member

I don't know what happened but the dealership is getting new push plates. I am not sure if I will get just a new head gear frame or a whole plow. At minimum I will make sure I get a new head gear frame. The rest of the plow looks ok. I have not plowed with this thing yet I just brought it home from the dealership and took the plow off.
  9. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

is the dealership covering this or are you paying out of pocket? If so, I'd heat it up and straighten it out....
  10. Theo Epstein

Theo Epstein Member

It happens from trying to "relocate" frozen snow banks. With the blade raised up as high as it will go, and continuously ramming the snow bank in order to try and make room for the next storm..
  11. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm willing to be the "new" truck you bought was used by the dealership to plow their lot and they had a little too much fun (speed) when plowing into snowbanks.
  12. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I will have to look at mine, but my first guess was bending as a result of stacking. In which case mine probably ARE bent. LOL...

13. stillen

stillen Senior Member

glad they are taking care of you..... I would however wonder why a new plow has rust and damage already....... hope you are good to go by next storm....