1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bent A-frame

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by JayMac, Dec 8, 2007.

1. JayMac

JayMac Member

I have a Western Unimount and I have bent the a-frame. When angling to the right the right side is lifted about two inches. I can't see a way that I can straighten it. But I would like to think that a local shop hopefully the Western dealer should be able to. I haven't called them yet because I want to run this by you guys first. I am afraid that the dealer will tell me just to buy a new one but that would be @ $350. Fixing it should be cheaper and just as good, I know that there has to be a better option. What would be the likely hood that a person with the part I need and I meet?

2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

They should be able to put it on the press and get it close for you. The dealer will more than likely want to sell you a new one. Good luck with it!!

3. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Been there done thAT

4. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

personaly i would rather just replace it. if not make sure one they bend it back they reinforce it

5. JayMac

JayMac Member

As I have looked at the replies I think maybe I should clarify that it is twisted rather then bent. However if it twisted it is bent. But thanks for the input so far guys.