1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bent A-Frame I have some questions

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by whitegmc, Dec 3, 2012.

1. whitegmc

whitegmc Junior Member

Hey guys, so i picked up a late model mm1 8' plow for a steal, the blade is in great shape and I am in the process of tearing it down and refurbishing it...I found a mm2 headgear for $50 so I am throwing that on to make it a little nicer.

Anyway once I started ripping it apart, i noticed that the A-frame is twisted and sits lower on the passenger side when the plow is on the ground. Therefore when its hooked up to the truck the plow doesn't touch the ground on the right side when angled right.

So i have been looking for a new a frame on CL and I found one but it is off a mm2 7.5. Not sure if it is an HD or not, I think it is because the guy had the mm2 blade and a frame on a mm1 headgear. My question is will a mm2 7.5' a frame line up with my blade at the pivot pin and will it line up with my tabs on the headgear? Thanks guys! If this works, it will save me hundreds.

2. whitegmc

whitegmc Junior Member

the a-frame i'm looking at is 22.5" outside to outside....did fisher use different headgears???

3. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

there are different a frames from mm1 and mm2 if u have the big center pin it will

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

You have any pics of the A-frame laying on a flat surface?

Not saying it can't be done, but twisting a triangle takes some force.....

5. whitegmc

whitegmc Junior Member

I have the long (big) center pin. But my question is did they use a narrower a-frame on the 7.5' plows? Will it will hook up to my mm2 headgear? if so how does it connect? anyone have any pics?

6. whitegmc

whitegmc Junior Member

Its deff bent, I don't have any pics, but its about an 1" lower on the pass side. My main question is would I be able to use this other a-frame?

7. Morrissey snow removal

the mm2 headgear takes the 25 inch a frame

8. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

i am not a fisher plow guy, but i did pick up a parts truck a while back with a fisher on it - the blade was rotted out, but i still have the A frame and it is straight. it's off an older speedcast conventional mount 8 foot plow. no idea if it would work for you - but guys here would be able to say.

you can have it for $50 if interested. i can get pics/measurements if you think it'll work. i'm in western ct

9. whitegmc

whitegmc Junior Member

picked up a new mm2 a frame couple nights back for $175. New was $660. Gonna grind it down and hit it with some paint and get this thing back together. I also need to replace an angle piston seal..i bought it just need to put it in, is it as simple as loosening the big nut and taking them apart? should have the plow perfect by next week! which is good because its been 50* here

10. Morrissey snow removal

11. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

12. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

so the plow didn't come with a headgear?