1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bench testing a E47 Unit

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Diesel_brad, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Diesel_brad

Diesel_brad Senior Member

How would i go about bench testing a E47 unit. I got one in a pkg deal when I got a western. I i got was the e47 not the whole plow. i want to sell it but I want to make sure it works.

Th motor runs. but I dont know where/how to check the fluid level. And i would like to make it function

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Easiest thing would be to find a friend with a meyer plow. If you were closer I would say bring it over but betting 2 hours is a bit of a drive just to test a pump.

3. Diesel_brad

My brother has one but he is an hour away

4. kimber750

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  5. Diesel_brad

thanks, thats what i was looking for

6. kimber750

To test pressure you should be able to hook a gauge to one of the angling rams. Don't remember off the top of my head what it is supposed to be but the the link I posted should say in there somewhere.