1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

belt style pump, how do i mount it??

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 99dodgeramsport, Jan 6, 2010.

1. 99dodgeramsport

99dodgeramsport Junior Member

Ran into some troubles putting my plow on today, it is a Minute mount fisher with the old style belt driven pump. the plow is off a 98 dodge mine is a 99

1. the bracket does not line up, not really a problem I can modify it
    2. the pump has a bracket on it but it does not seem to line up with my alternator

2. plowinginma

plowinginma Senior Member
    from MA

The bracket is adjustable to move the pump forward and back to be able to line it up with the pulleys..

3. 99dodgeramsport

Aah that makes sense, should have looked a little closer, I think I'll mount the valve bank on the inner fender. My local mechanic is going to help me At his shop, just want to make sure I put everything in the right place.

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

When you put the cables through the firewall make sure they are straight as possible because the cable inside the plastic coating will break because of the arch in it.

5. 99dodgeramsport

Good to know, any other info I need to know, or pictures of a belt style plow on a 94-01 dodge

6. grandview

7. 99dodgeramsport

Thank you very much that is a huge help!!
    Hoping it goes well, another stupid question if I may.. Should I put a big tranny cooler on right away or will I be safe doing my own driveway for a couple of storms

8. 99dodgeramsport

Well everything is installed on the truck as of yesterday other than the light hook up, plow angles left and right but now it won't lift :S

9. grandview

Have someone work the controls and see if the cabe is opening the valves .