1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

belt squiek when plowing

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by clipper, Jan 24, 2007.

1. clipper

clipper Junior Member
    from Maine

I have a 03 f-250 with a 5.4. When I am plowing parking lots or roads the serpentine belt gets wet, and then the alternator stops working for a few moments. Does any one else have this problem? And what was the fix if any thing.

I have a 8ft fisher, with a rubber snow deflector.

2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

It could be your belt is a worn and has a bunch of slack in it, or the tensioner is bad

3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Get the manual and check the wear gage. If you don't have a manual the library has them somewhere. The tensioner's go bad all the time too. Getting wet should not matter.

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

If the tensioner and belt are tight you might try spraying a little belt dressing on the belt. It will make the belt sticky and not slip.

5. RYDER

RYDER Senior Member

I would change the belt. If it still does it then your tensioner or alternator bearing's are bad.

6. clipper

clipper Junior Member
    from Maine

The belt looks fine, but I will put a new one on this weekend. Then maybe it will snow.....ya right, I couldent buy a snow flake this winter up here!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :cry:

7. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

We get snow flakes but not enough to trigger push time ! Even the salters are slow this winter just like last !