1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Belt Driven To Electric Pump Conversion

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by sailortaylor, Mar 31, 2009.

1. sailortaylor

sailortaylor Junior Member
    from Maine

Probably a "Duh" to most but can a E47 or E60 pump swap with a formally belt pump driven lift cylinder on a older Diamond setup? Many thanks!
  2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

should be no problem just have to put in the harness .
  3. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Yeah it can be done. Question is why?

Kind of like going from a Cadillac to a Chevy.
  4. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Hyd. motor/pump assembly does not care what and who's plow cylinders it is controlling. If you can get any type of elect. pump for a plow set up and are creative you can make it work. You can even put a Fisher pump on your diamond. See my conversion link in my signature. I am using a Fenner pump set up on a Fisher Minute Mount 1 and a diamond blade. I also bought a HD elect. motor to replace the standard duty motor. I am also going to put a larger gear pump in the assembly as well for more speed before next season.