1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Belt Driven Pump Questions

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by chaddy1228, Dec 30, 2008.

1. chaddy1228

chaddy1228 Junior Member

I am sure everybody has Heard this over and over but, Question I have a Belt driven Fisher. It works fine when I first start the truck. After about an hour or so the plow starts to move pretty slow until I rev the motor. I replaced the pump and suction filter, I replacee/rebuilt the valve control body, my angle and lift pistons have been replaced. I am going to be reducing the size of the pulley. Does anyone know where to get one or have a part number on hand.

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

You replaced the pump and this still happens? My dealer told me I need a new pump.

3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

What are you running for fluid in it?

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

ATF for me.

5. chaddy1228

chaddy1228 Junior Member

I am Running ATF. I was told that the old Fishers always ran slow when all warmed up. I found a small pulley today. Was going to change but with snow coming I will have to wait.

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Check the belt too. They all run slow unless you give it the gas.

7. russ130

russ130 Senior Member

Don't know about running slower after they warm up but they do run slow. Giving it gas will help but they will always be slow compared to the newer setups out there today.