1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Belt Driven Pump on a 1998 Dodge RAM?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by kvncot, Nov 23, 2009.

1. kvncot

kvncot Junior Member
    from NH

Has anyone tried to mount a belt driven Fisher Pump on a 1998 Dodge RAM? I have a setup that came out of a 1994 318. I thought it would fit in my truck but the bracket that mounts to the altenator does not fit on my 1998 360. Does anyone know of a place where I can find a mounting bracket or an alternative mounting setup outside of switching over to an electric pump? :nod:

2. 2low4nh

2low4nh Member
    from NH

i have a belt driven on my cummins it works great. the bracket mounts over the top of the altenator. i think its homemade. pretty simple brcket too.

3. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

My 1997 Dodge has a motor driven pump. It"s a 360 motor. It is made by fisher.You should check the fisher site.You might be able to still get one from them.

4. kvncot

kvncot Junior Member
    from NH

Thanks guys. The altenator bracket that I have does not allow for the pump to sit low enough in the engine bay to clear the various pulleys with the v-belt. I was able to fabricate an extension out of angle iron and it gave me the clearance I needed. I also had to have the fan shimmed 1/4". I will have to post some pics when I get a chance.

5. kvncot

kvncot Junior Member
    from NH

Pump bracket modification

It took me a while to get this pic out here but here is the extension arm I made out of angle iron. It bolts onto the altenator bracket and allows the pump end to sit lower in the engine bay. I was then able to get a belt on without having to worry about it hitting anything.:mechanic:

DSCF0406.jpg

6. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good. That's about where the pump sits on my truck. How"s it working for you?

7. kvncot

kvncot Junior Member
    from NH

Thanks. I was a little concerned that I would not be able to tension it enough or that I would have to adjust it through out the winter. I haven't had to maintain anything all winter and it plowed without an issue.

8. dodge15004x45.9

dodge15004x45.9 Senior Member
    from malvern