1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

belt driven pump bracket??

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Detroitdan, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I am swapping a 7.5 Fisher conventional from an 88 Blazer to a 91 Blazer, everything went well until I got to the hydraulic pump, then I realized the bracket I have appears to be useless. The 88 has the AC on the drivers side, with some huge bracket system that goes over and around the AC. Can't use it on my 91, which just has the alternator there. I also have a serpentine belt on the 91, but I think the pulley I have will work anyway and shouldn't interfere with anything. So here's my question. I've been searching Craigslist trying to find a bracket to fit, can anyone tell me what years are interchangeable? I found one for a 94, don't know if it's remotely similar. The 91 has the big aluminum accessory mounting thing that goes on the front of the motor. I really can't fabricate a bracket, I'd like to get one that bolts on. Thanks
  2. unhdsm

unhdsm Junior Member
    from Vermont

I just bought one for my 93 K1500 from a Fisher dealer so they should still be available. It was pricey though, and I actually ended up having to modify it anyway.
  3. Detroitdan

I saw a picture of one, which at least gave me an idea where it should mount. Tried to make one, couldnt seem to get it right. Decided instead to use the steel bracket behind the alternator. Enlarged one hole and drilled another, and bolted the pump bracket directly to it, then slid the pump reservoir in from the front, so the bracket is holding it behind the cap, instead of in front like it's intended. This was the only way I could push the pulley forward far enough to line up. Took the little supports strap and put it on the front instead. Looks pretty good to me, and it works. What a chore though. I spent two full days swapping plows, from torching off the rotted frame bolts on the donor truck, installing everything onto the new truck, and then the pump bracket took pretty much all the second day. Had issues with the drive pulley too. The donor had it on the water pump, but the water pump bolt pattern was slightly different on the 91. Had to go home and dig my old crank pulley from yet another truck out of the snow, and used that. Installed it without pulling the fan shroud.
  4. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

5. Detroitdan

Im surprised they are still available from Fisher. I thought I could score one on Craigslist easy enough. I got it working good with my idea of moving the ring bracket to the rear of the reservoir.

Got it all together and the plow lifts when you angle right, angles right when you go right, doesn't drop and doesn't go back left., I remembered the guy telling me "the valve is a little sticky going left". OK, I am 100% sure I didn't hook up the two control cables wrong. 100%. Checked them repeatedly and I'm convinced they are right. SO finally I decided to follow the lines, sure enough, he had the left angle and the lift cylinder revered. And it's been that way a while, the hoses and valve aren't new. No wonder he wanted to get rid of it. Swapped those two and it works perfectly.