1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Belt driven Fisher

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by tomtom, Feb 4, 2006.

1. tomtom

tomtom Junior Member

Hi guys,
    I have a 1993 GMC Sierra 2500 with a Fisher belt driven 7.5' plow. When I raise the plow and let it sit, within 20 minutes the plow will have lowered an inch or so. (the other day I put it up all of the way and within a couple of hours it eventually lowered all the way to the ground) The same happens if I am driving around with the plow up every 15-20 minutes it will lower a little bit. Does that mean that I have a leak somewhere in the system? I checked the fluid in the pump and it is still full. I always park it in the same spot in the driveway and it doesn't leak anything. Any idea's ??? Thanks.:salute:

2. RJ snow

RJ snow Member

3. Kentuckydiesel

Kentuckydiesel Senior Member

Sounds like your problem is that your valve is leaking past inside. I would tear it down and see if there are o-rings to replace. -Phillip